Georgette is a Professional Contemporary Dancer, Dance Teacher and Pilates Movement Therapist.
During Georgette’s extensive training and performance career in New York City, London and Australia she worked and trained with numerous Companies and Choreographers, her greatest achievement was dancing with Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, NYC.
Whilst living in NYC Georgette developed an immediate interest for Anatomy and Pilates. While training in the Lester Horton Dance Technique and The Pilates Method at AAADT, she discovered a significant increase of freedom of movement and control in her dance training/performance skills, as well as injury prevention from any recurring injuries, due to inherited hypermobility.
After living overseas for 4 years Georgette couldn’t shake her desire to move back home to Sydney to study a Diploma in Pilates Movement Therapy through APMA. She then went on to continue her education in Exercise Science and Rehabilitation.
Georgette currently coaches at a few of Sydney’s leading Full-time Dance Studios in Contemporary Dance, The Horton Dance Technique, Classical Ballet and Dance Pilates Education.
Georgette’s greatest passion is to share and help individuals discover their bodies through a whole different concept. Combining her International dance experiences and her education in Pilates Movement, she especially enjoys teaching and educating the biomechanics to training efficiently in sport-specific practices, as well as helping individuals move better from acute or chronic pain/injuries by applying her never-ending education in Exercise Science to help relieve one’s symptoms.
- Certification in Professional Dance – Ev & Bow Dance Training Centre (2010)
- Honours Certification, Majoring in The Lester Horton Technique – Alvin Ailey American Dance Theatre, NYC (2014)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment – Fortress Training (2016)
- Anatomy Laboratory – University of Wollongong (2017)
- 10567NAT Diploma in Pilates Movement Therapy – APMA (2017)
- Pilates Movement Therapy for Musculoskeletal Pathologies – APMA (2019)
- Pilates Exercise Science Prescription – APMA (2019)
- Pilates Movement Therapy Apparatus – APMA (2019)
- Pilates Movement Therapy Mat Work – APMA (2019)
- First Aid Certification – All Aid (2019)
- Level 5 Certified APMA Pilates Instructor (2020)
- Rebekah Rostein’s Buff Bones for Osteoporosis (2020)
02 9543 8279 | email@example.com | Suite 12A, 62-70 Allison Cres, Menai.
PILATES CAN HELP YOU…
- Improve your Posture
- Increase flexibility
- Focus on core strength
- Enhance muscle tone
- Re-sculpt your body
- Help relieve back pain
- Flatten post-baby belly
- Improve co-ordination
- Reduce muscle injury
- Enhance sports performance
WINNER: FITNESS, TRAINING & RECREATION